AdSense pub-6945173641860372 Fulani Herdsmen turned me to a widow - 91adey

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Fulani Herdsmen turned me to a widow



How Fulani Herdsmen turned me to a widow - Delta state indigene laments
A victim who lost her husband to Fulani herdsmen attack has spoken about the incident that led to the death of her husband and landed her in hospital.
Mrs. Patience Akpomiemie was at their cassava farm in Abraka, Delta state with her husband Mr. Happy Akpomiemie and their son Elvis when they were attacked in February (read here).

Mr Akpomiemie was killed while Mrs Akpomiemie was shot as she tried to escape. Their son escaped unhurt. The victim, who was recently discharged from Oghara Teaching Hospital, narrated what transpired on that fateful day.

Speaking to newsmen, she said:
"I followed my husband to our cassava farmland to get money to pay for the treatment of our two sons that were involved in motorcycle accident and also to pay for the enrollment fees (WAEC) of our sons, not knowing that Fulani herdsmen will turn me into widow with little children to take care of and right now I hardly work or do anything as a result of the injury I have sustained."
Members of the community urged the Federal Government to employ more efforts to put an end to the herdsmen problem once and for all so as to enable them to carry out their farming activities without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment